All my integrated Flickr photos are down! Actually the plugin was breaking my site so has been disabled till I find a fix. Annoying, as that plugin was one of the few I have used that I could get on with 🙁
Update: No idea how to fix the problem so instead I found a solution which removes the need for the broken plugin.
I was using Flickr Manager but the image links seemed to be merging into one and corrupting entire pages! I found another plugin called Flickpress although on the surface it did everything I needed, it couldn't actually import pictures into my posts. However, it was able to import my Flickr photos into my WordPress gallery allowing me to simply add the images as if I'd uploaded them from my computer. Although not a fast solution to implement it is very reliable (no plugin is needed to display the images).
Major ongoing update for bezzer.co.uk I'm moving away from Joomla despite years of loyal service. There are a number of reasons for this:
- I feel Joomla suits larger sites better
- The process to upgrade from 1.5.23 to 1.7 is overcomplicated
- I need something to do in between job applications
- Haven't found a plugin to import single flickr photo and provide lightbox effect
- WordPress kept messing my lovely code up! Fixed: TinyMCE Advanced has option to disable this 'feature'
- Blog style website makes me want to type useless stuff everywhere in order to have more posts...
- Much cleaner interface than Joomla (has always been the case really)
- Easier management of Plugins and Themes